Is cheating out of revenge really that bad?

I don't think it's bad, it makes you feel good and you hurt the cheater, what do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope in my book. They who cheat deserves the favor returned.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• So you are angry about them cheating on you and view it as wrong but then you... uhm... go and do the exact same thing. That makes no sense and is delusional. You're just as bad as the other person then for doing it. Besides there are better ways to take revenge... like not being immature and just leaving them behind.

1|0
    0|0
    • You obviously don't understand the purpose behind it.

• Show All
    • Why would a cheater think they are bad? they rarely think they are bad, most likely she would get so angry and would try to hurt me lol

• Well then you for really dumb girls, just saying.

• Yes, it's petty and immature. If someone is upset that their partner cheated then they should either break up or if they're going to stay together, that person should be mature and work together with their partner to move past it.

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't really hurt the cheater, though. I doubt that they really care, most of the time. I'm pretty sure they think it's funny that they were capable of affecting you so much, that you'd actually want to stoop down to their level and try to hurt them back.
    You mainly just prove to them that they hurt you and that you care way too much about them. That's more of a compliment than anything else, to a cheater.

0|0
    0|0
  • really? =/
    i think cheating for any reason is stupid. u know what? say one even tried to do this. i can guarantee that within their heart of hearts, they wouldn't even feel the satisfaction they were aiming for.
    u also said 'to hurt the cheater'... so they've already hurt u first. dont make it worse by doing something stupid. just breathe, get ur game together, be a man and move on from that toxic situation.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh also, whenever i type 'u' in this answer, i mean it in a general sense, not as in YOU. =]

• Your last few sentences don't make any sense. So if they hurt you first, you should not hurt them back? Also, i don't like your "be a man" thought.

• lol. exactly. 'when people hurt u, u dont always need to hurt back'. strange concept huh?
      well I'm sorry, but even men know that as simple as it is, u gotta live that life if u wanna survive.

• https://imgur.com/AbH0Rpd

Revenge is alllowing the person who hurt you watch you suffer. I wouldn't give anyone that satisfaction. The best revenge is moving on, to show the person you are much happier now they aren' t in your life.

"Weak people revenge, strong forgive, but
    intelligent people are silent"

0|0
    0|0
    • Too bad, that the cheaters don't give a single fuck whether the person they cheated on is happy in their next relationship or not. So i don't know what revenge you are talking about.

• You have missed the point

• I think revenge in general is just a waste of time. You're not hurting anybody but yourself in the end. If someone cheated on you, cheating with someone else just proves that you are willing to stoop down to that persons level to prove a point. It makes you look like a real wuss.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sacrifice you integrity to make a point? I find it childish. Do do something I don't like and I so it right back? Um.. yea.. no. Someone down the line will cheat on them and karma will have done it's job. I had an ex completely invalidate me EVERYTHING. So when we broke up and I heard he was dating a doctor he told me how she dismantled every positive thought he had about himself. I had to chuckle. Now he knows what that shit feels like.

0|0
    0|0
    • KARMA is not real tough, it never happens how i would want it. It's better to give them taste of their own medicine in my opinion. Also, did he cheat on you? because if not then your point is absolutely irrelevant because cheating is completely different discrediting someone. It's not do something i don't like, it's a feeling that is hard to describe.

• Show All
    • Also, cheating is rarely forgivable, and leaves a scar on people, but whatever you experienced does NOT.

• If I'm telling you it scarred me then it did. But okay it's your world think what you want to. Good day sir.

• i know what you're tlkin about, I've been cheated on before and i wanted to take revenge but pretty much if you did that, you're just as bad as the person who cheated. cheating is never the answerrr! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I find revenge just bad in general and makes you no better than the person you are trying to hurt. Nothing good comes out of it and innocent people usually get hurt in the process.

0|0
    0|0
    • Not innocent.

• Show All
    • the people the person, who is out for revenge, uses. Not saying in all cases but in most that I have read about thats what happens. Honestly it's your choice, all i'm saying is if you decide to cheat to punish your partner, you're gonna be just as bad as they were when they cheated. If you want to punish them, be the better person, wish them the best and end things with them. Again just my opinion.

• If someone cheats, you break up with them. What's the point of staying in a relationship where all you do is hurt each other? Both kinds of cheating are bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bad idea trust me you will only end you feeling worse. Holding on to anger and hate when a relationship goes wrong and wanting revenge. But the only person that will suffer even more is you.

0|0
    0|0
  • revenge in itself is very bad. cheating out of revenge is very bad. if you are in a relationship , put your ego's aside, ego's gives you boost to take revenge which destroys your relationship. is that what you want, to suffer, to cry, to regret. if so then gladly take revenge, if not then shut the fuck up and talk it out. if you feel its not gonna work out then break it up. dont degrade yourself by sleeping with some stranger just to get back to him. its not you. think of your standard. you are not a cheater. cheaters rot in hell.

0|0
    0|0
    • I disagree with everything you say, revenge is good, you don't suffer, cry or regret, only an emotionally unstable person would say that.

• ok then take revenge and be happy. happy revenging my dear :D

• i think it is a silly behaviour
    u r spending ur energy plotting all this, i rather u break off with the girl then to have ur time spend on a foe

0|0
    0|0
  • It's childish, and makes you no better than they are.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wrong, it depends on the extent and purpose to decide how bad it is.

• Show All
    • I am not in a relationship, LOL i just asked this for a debate.

• Well, that's my stance. Be the bigger person and end it. Don't resort to such pettiness. Generally speaking.

• Doesn't make you any better than them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Depends on the extent of it. A one night stand is less of a deal than a 5 month affair.

• LITERALLY ALL CHEATING IS BAD.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's immature and stupid.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• You're sinking to her level if you do that. The best revenge is to dump her and find someone better, cold blooded. Just because she broke the rules that doesn't mean you should. Stay true to your principles. Being cheated on is horrible and yes you want revenge so bad, but revenge will only prove that a whore got the best of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cheating in general is bad doesn't matter what your reason is. Also you may be making yourself feel good and hurting your ex but what about the girl your using as a pawn?

1|0
    0|0
    • The reason matters greatly, someone who is not getting sex at home is more justified at cheating than someone who is cheating because of variety, it's simple, the purpose is important.

• Show All
    • You know you shouldn't ask a question like this if all your going to do is ignore and not take into account of points of view and opinions. And despite what you may think some of us actually know what we are talking about and have experience in these matters.

• I asked this question for a debate, i don't need to follow or take into account anything you say. I have my own opinions.

• yes I think it's bad if not worst than the initial cheating... it's just a character issue in my opinion. why stay with someone just to hurt them for hurting you. just break up with the person and maintain your high character rather than stooping to someone else's level

0|0
    0|0
  • If anything is for revenge it's not bad. As long as it's within proportion though...

0|1
    1|0
  • Did you stay with the cheater? Because if so, than getting back at them to hurt them is wrong. Not that what they did is ok, but if you genuinely want to still be together you'd work through the issues instead of getting petty revenge. If you're focus is sleeping with someone else to hurt them then you shouldn't be staying together anyway

0|0
    0|0
    • You missed the point of revenge, the aim is to make them feel bad, or similar as they made their partner feel.

• Show All
    • Because they made you feel angry and jealous while they enjoyed having fun with someone else while lying to you? you NEVER forgive something like this, it's unacceptable and definitely punishable.

• It seems lik, if you were in that situation, you still would be putting he cheaters feelings first. Worry about yourself. Your feelings are what matters. Focusing your energy on this situation is a waste of time.

You dnt have to forgive or forget, but you can focus on youself

• better to just leave and let them wallow in realizing what they lost.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not big into revenge, aside from the fact that cheating doesn't make one into a very bad person.

0|0
    0|0
  • why would you stay with someone who cheated in the first place?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes