Do you guys have any suggestion to how I am able to find the strength to end a torturous cycle?

A cycle between me and my ex boyfriend, where we keep coming back to each other, but it is unhealthy and has me feel unhappy. I love him very much, and he loves me.
We are no good for each other though, but it is very difficult to find the strength to move forward, since he was my first in most things that are intimate, and I can feel I am almost there..

Anything? :) thank you

26

Most Helpful Guy

• I think one of the biggest things that will help you is, pardon the cliche here, is "rationalizing it." Not all rationalizing is deflecting or making excuses.

You come to terms with why you end it. It may hurt. But you get your reasons, you show yourself why the relationship is unalterable at this point and cannot be fixed / worked through. You define why these reasons are dealbreakers, why they are unacceptable that you go on that way.

Then when you leave for good and he asks why, it is optional to tell him. He may or may not understand, that is your choice. But when you ask yourself why, you can shoot back a response in your own mind. You've thought it through, you have weighed everything out, and you know you are making the decision for good reasons.

It will allow you to "stick" with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this might be difficult for you because of how you said he has been your first everything, but just remember that in order to love you first have to start by loving yourself. If you really love yourself you need to try your best to move on from this unhealthy relationship. Most women just get used to these types of relationships because they get comfortable with them i know it is hard but just remember that you are valuable & that you deserve better.