I broke up with my girlfriend, BUT was it for the RIGHT REASON?

I recently broke up with my girlfriend. We've only been together almost over a month (YES... fucking ridiculous). The reason why I broke up with her mainly was because, one day, she told me that she still had lingering feelings for her ex... but she REALLY liked me... and that those feelings would eventually fade. That shit didn't sit well with me; it made me feel like I was a rebound and undervalued... I felt like I was fixing someone else's mistake... in a sense where I felt used. Also, she was a cool girl but never talked about her feelings or what's going on in her life... and when I confronted her about it once, she blamed me and said I never give her a chance to express herself when I literally asked her what's wrong EVERY FUCKING DAY. I've been through a lot with girls, so maybe my mind and emotions have been overly-distorted. But I wanna know from you guys... GIRLS ESPECIALLY... did I do the right thing? Like is that shit acceptable on any level regardless of how hurt or confused that person may be? LADIES... would that shit be cool with you if someone you were with came out and told you that yes they still do have feelings for their ex but it will pass with time? Your thoughts..

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel like you did the right thing. The only thing she was bringing to the relationship was drama. Why enter a relationship if your feelings are still lingering from the last one? You were basically there for moral support so you can get her through it. (: Don't worry. Now you now how you want to be treated and appreciated in a relationship. I hope I answered your question. Good Luck, Sweetheart.

• You absolutely did. Thank you.