I don't want my ex to find out that I'm dating again, why?

We were together for a year and a half, on and off mostly. We ended it (for good) more than a month ago.
I met this great guy and we started talking and he had just broken up with his ex, so it got us closer. We started talking every day, call each other and go out together. We kissed at a party a week ago.
I'm starting to really like him and he feels the same way. But I also didn't have much time to grieve.

Now the thing is that I live in a very small city in which everyone knows everyone basically. We're trying to keep it low and go to quiet places, but we can't avoid people forever. Once we kiss in a public place, it'll be over, everyone will know and our exes will know.

And for some reason, the thought bothers me a lot. I really don't want him to know I'm dating again. I'm scared to hurt him, I'm scared he'll be disgusted by the fact that another guy is touching me. I don't know.

Has anyone felt this way? Do you guys have an explanation? Advice? :S Thanks

42

Most Helpful Girl

• You seem sure it's over with the ex, so I think you're just holding onto some old feelings. Once things are over and you can distance yourself from the hurt and wrong that occurred, we tend to romanticize the past. You will be a lot quicker to pull up the good memories vs the old. As far as hurting him by dating a new guy, don't let that stop you. Don't give up something good for a relationship that is in the past. I just about guarantee when he meets a new girl, he won't avoid her because he's worried about YOUR feelings. He's going to date her.

• Thanks for the advice! This is really making me feel better :)