Every time I break up with a guy I give them a twenty page essay on their flaws. I normally am really into the guy. So... Why do I do this?

Also not one has ever come back. Do you think they listened to my awesome critique lol?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• You do it because you want to justify breaking up with the person. Unfortunately, they could probably do the same to you in even more pages...

• Yet they never do! Would have loved to have read it

• They mostly critiqued me during the relationship instead. Apparently I wasn't rich enough, ambitious enough or tidy enough. I even got asked if I was safe to sleep with!
      true love... nothing beats it ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't imagine anyone would want to stay in touch if the last thing they heard from you was not only that things are over, but a lengthy description of everything that's wrong with them.

I get that you're probably breaking up with them after finally having reached your breaking point in culmination of things getting to you. However, it's best not to go to such lengths to show them why. It casts you in a bad light Makes sense that you do it to almost affirm that ending things had been the right choice. in the end though, I seriously doubt any of them will take your 'constructive critique' seriously.

Next time this happens, feel free to write out all your feelings, but maybe in a journal/diary of some sorts instead. I try to write around a paragraph or so in my journal at the end of every day, especially if I've been in a disagreement with my guy. I find it helps not only organize my thoughts on the matter having them out on paper where I have to really think them over, but also helps calm me down a bit. Having your thoughts laid out on you like that can often help you see things much clearer, cut off the vicious cycle, and lose the negative mind-set much quicker. :)