Do you feel like a bad person when you wish your ex was miserable because they treated you poorly?

I always see my ex around town. He is now dating one of my friends. It is safe to say her and I aren't friends anymore. I always wish something bad would happen to them. Like they would lose their jobs or she would cheat on him. I know it sounds bad but I can't let go of the anger. How do you guys get over bitterness and hurt feelings?

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I was thinking about this the other day. I have an ex who has done horrible things to me and I wish that karma would get to him rather sooner than later. So the other day I was sitting here thinking if it makes me a horrible person to wish something in his life would go terribly wrong. I'm not really sure. I think it's normal that you hate to see someone walk away happy when s/he doesn't deserve that happiness. Of course there will always be those who tell us that we should just not care. But when someone has wronged you deeply, it's normal to want them to be wronged as well. I mean I don't sit here all day, or even every day, thinking and hoping that horrible things will come his way. It doesn't consume me at all and it's not like my whole life revolves around it.

Has this happened to you recently? If it is recent, it's entirely normal that your anger is still very big and very present.

• It has been a while now. What hurt was he ended it by telling me he didn't want to be with me because of my depression. He told me I was weak. I was battling depression and they were hitting on each other. They told me I ruined things because I was mentally ill. I hate that they get to be happy now. It's not right