I think we've all had some break ups. What is the most cold hearted way that someone has broken up with you?

If you have not been on the receiving end of that break up moment, what is the coldest way YOU have ended a relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably doesn't count because we weren't even in a relationship but still, I'll tell my story haha:

A guy I liked asked me out on a date. I got my hair done, bought new clothes and put a lot of effort because I wanted to look pretty (which is something I only do in special ocassions). I went to the place were we were gonna meet and waited for him for ageees. After a while I went home, texted him asking what happened and he said he regretted asking me out and he wasn't really attracted to me.

Thanks asshole, you could've called.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • WTF? Are you serious?

• Show All
    • I think in your case @TheEmma this stands for Most Hurtful Outcome
      I'm really sorry that happened to you babe

• Haha thanks. Its fine, it happened a long time ago. I'm more than happy now! :P

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I have never been dumped... well, once, but she wanted to get back together 3 hours after, I don't count that.

The coldest way I've broken up with a girl was by Internet, instead of face to face. I know it's not something you should do, but I was young and honestly, I didn't give a shit about that, I was too coward to do it face to face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I got a text saying "Fuck you you're a selfish ass I'm done" once when I asked my ex to not invite her ex to hang with us, now she's with him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Via a DJ in front of lots of people, it was awful!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• My ex broke up with me out of the blue. I was so heartbroken and I didn't really see it coming. It was like a slap in the face for me. And plus he didn't really give me any closure. I had to like make up my own closure. And after that I just cut him off completely. No words no anything just silence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh it was brutal. He sat there for hours and literally called me every name in the book. Evil, manipulative, crazy, slut. And he was like "you have all these problems well guess what you're never getting better". He even started crying at one point.

I literally just sat there borderline catatonic and didn't say a single word. I felt nauseous and emotionally drained the rest of the night and next day. It wasn't my fault he was in love and I wasn't and j made it very clear he wasn't my boyfriend the whole time and that I was seeing other people.

1|1
    0|0
    • How could you possibly sit there for hours and not get up and just leave him talking?

• Show All
    • how long ago did this break up happen?

• This was like.. novemberish? So about 3 months

• Over text. I thought he was kidding and I never saw or heard from him again. Bastard.

0|0
    0|0
  • This guy I was seeing basically didn't tell me we were not together anymore for three months until I got upset over him seeing someone behind my back because were just taking a break and he didn't want me seeing anyone and when I caught him doing what he forbade me to do he says we were not together then I found out that he had moved someone into his apartment. This is why I don't believe in breaks you either work it out or split up for good because the person initiating the break just wants to be free or with someone else but does not want anyone to have you so that you can be back up just in case things don't work out with someone new

0|0
    0|0
    • There is some truth to that. I just got hung up on the statement "... he forbade me to..."
      That's intense... and that you listened to him. :((

• Well basically we had terms we both agreed on to not be with other people and that our break was for us to clear our minds because things were out of control and too much to rationally think but obviously he was breaking the rules and he knows that so instead of making excuses he just said we were not together all that time

• my boyfriend went travelling to Asia and begged me to wait for him for 3 months.. i was waiting, he came back and texted me like how he is happy to be back and will se me tomorrow and we will be happy again. so "tomorrow" he came round to mine and said he is confused he doesn't know how he feels about me etc... so I was confused and upset and sad.. and only couple of months later found out he was cheating on me and left me because he met some girl who said she will travel with him to South America... she ditched him pretty soon after he broke up with me. but still I don't get why would he lead me on for 3 months while knowing he doesn't need me anymore..

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn!! Did you suspect that anything was off?

• nope, he was skyping me and messaging me while on travels all the time and kept telling me how much he loves me etc. and was absolutely not suspisious at all... I'm not going to lie, it ruined me, being betrayed is a very bad feeling, took me almost a year to recover.. but I'm still scared of men now, just think everyone is a lier

• I can understand being scared to "go back in the water". and I can tell you that not all men are liars. I hope you give dating another chance whenever you are ready.

• We were something more than friends (we had been seeing each other for 3 months). We went out on a date the night before my flight (I was travelling abroad) On that night he said to me that he didn't want me to leave and that sort of stuff. Well, a couple of days later I saw he had written in another's girls Facebook how much he loved her and that they were so happy together, thanks for being such an incredible girlfriend bla, bla. I messaged the guy telling him that he could have said that he wasn't interest anymore and that I would have understood. He didn't replied and blocked me on Facebook. Romantic dude. Sorry for bad English .

0|0
    0|0
  • After 6.5 years together when he just ignored me without saying anything about breaking up.

0|0
    0|0
    • just like that? no rhyme or reason?

• To this day I still don't know. We had a big fight 2 weeks earlier but we patched things up and he said that we were "all good". Maybe he was still bothered by the fight, maybe not, I really don't know.

• My boyfriend needed time to think about our relationship after I questioned were I fit into his life and he said he didn't know so he needed time to think and then 2 days later he texts me "I don't love you" and "And I don't want to be with you" so he broke up with me over text. He broke my heart because he said he would never hurt me and that he would never walk out on me but he did. By the way this happened 5 days ago I'm still hurt.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to pretend I was dead or just never ever answer the calls again like just disappear

0|0
    1|0
    • ? Whyyyy that's so mean :,(

• I used to be really mean to guys because I used to think all guys were going to fuck over every girl. I treated guys REALLY bad. I'm changed now though. I only treat assholes badly.

• That's brutal! And that's good to hear that you have grown out of that.

Recommended myTakes