Tricky situation.. should I move on or contact her?

Over a month ago I started dating a girl. We have a lot in common. We laughed and had a good time. We had 5-6 dates. Fifth date I brought her dinner at her place. We watched a movie and I made the moves. I picked her up and she started laughing out loud and i carried her to her room. We made out and talked. She wanted to wait for sex. I understood. She told me she liked me and thought I was really attractive. We even cuddled for a little while and i tickled and wrestled with her. She was smiling and laughing. It was a great night. The next week (last date) we went bowling. We went back to her place and I made the moves again. In the heat of the moment i asked again.. which I shouldn't have.. but it was hot. She said she wanted to wait and i told her I would wait as long as she needed. She said sorry with a guilty look on her face and I told her not to be. She jumped on me and was all over me the rest of the night.

Two days later she text me canceling on concert plans and said she wasn't ready for a relationship. She said she thought she was ready and thought I was awesome but couldn't handle it. I asked if anything was bothering her I would talk to her. She said nothing was bothering her and didn't want to waste my time. I said ok that's fine. She opened up later and said she was scared. She didn't feel on my level yet. She felt like we didn't know each other well enough for her to like me as much as I seemed to like her. I didn't really offer to fix it.. said I understood in Laymans terms. I think I scared her or she realized things were going fast. I typically move SLOW, but women think I'm disinterested. So i pressured myself into making moves. I'd like to talk to her to clear the air and offer to move at her pace. It's been 2 weeks since we spoke. I like her.. should I move on? Or contact her sooner/later?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you asked this question before because I feel like I've read it? Contact her clear the air

What Girls Said 2

• I'd contact her again. It sounds like you know the right speed for that relationship, even if it started out rocky. Since you know where to go from here, I think you have a good chance of making it work. :) Good luck!

• Contact her. I think you should try to just be friends with her until she's ready to have a relationship with u and be comfortable. I love the way things were going between you two by the way... sounds just like how I want my next relationship to be and I understand her because I get scared too but just comfort her and tf take things slow. She'll soon come around hopefully. Good luck 👌😊

What Guys Said 2

• Contact her to speak your piece. Better to have tried than to not try at all.

Keep in mind that if she is scared, as she said, dating her will almost certainly require you to be tolerant, patient and considerate of her insecurity and any related issues thereto, if she agrees. Which may or may not include numerous of instances of her feeling indecisive or conflicted about what she wants.

If you are accepting of such a role, then, why not?

• That's very strange. Were you smothering her with attention? texting her every 5 minutes? I'd say let her go and wait for her to return.

• No.. sometimes i wouldn't text her everyday. Sometimes she would double text me.. one time she jokingly gave me a hard time about taking forever to text... yeah.. confusing.

• what a weird girl.