Boyfriend is scared of future! Should I work it through or leave?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have dated a little over 3 years. We recently transferred colleges to be together. Things were finally going so well. He even said he wanted to marry me, and he was always the one who brought up our future and kids. After a couple months after the transfer, he breaks up with me and says he doesn't know why he has to. We've kept in contact just about everyday. We tried no contact, but one of us ends up breaking it. (I think the furthest we've gone is about four days). We talked about taking a break instead of plainly breaking up. We did that for about a couple months. Now, he finally admitted to having a commitment problem. He wants to be with me but says he is also terrified of the future. He's tried to see other girls during our break, but keeps thinking about me. He can't go very long without talking to me. We recently have gotten back together in the hope of working it through since we can't stick to the break, but I can feel whenever he gets scared. Should I stay and work with him? Or should I cut my losses now?
+1 y
Also, have any guys gone through this? If so, what goes on in your mind? What makes you so afraid?
1
2