Would you give up on them?

Would you have to stop trying if a lad was playing head games? Flirting one minute then doesn't like you the next, continuously for months? Would you have to give up eventually even if you like him? because you're confused about what he wants from you?
Doesn't he like me? If he did would he be consistent in his moods? Also it's always me calling him, he never calls, just texts. Plus it's been four months and we haven't had a date. When I ask him about it he changes the subject? ... yet he's been texting me this past week a few times even though i've ignored him. He says he doesn't want usto cut off ccontact?

36

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would. He's playing games with you, it's clear as day to see that. He's uncommitted. He likes the idea of flirting with you and saying all these things to you but when it comes down to actually following through, he doesn't. He avoids certain subjects because he likes the way things are. But you're a person, you're not just going to sit and wait around until he finally comes to his senses and realizes what he has in front of him, no you're too good for that. You know you're worth and how you deserved to be treated, yet he does this to you. Why does he? Why hasn't he had a date with you yet after FOUR months? He doesn't want you, he wants you. He doesn't need you, but it's nice that you're there. He doesn't want you to cut off contact because then who else will he have left to flirt with? His life will be boring without you, yet his life is boring right now. He wants to be your friend, but then he wants to be more than a friend. What's his deal? Honestly the best decision you can make is give up on him OR view this guy as a friend and nothing more and treat him as such and focus on your life until you come across a guy who actually RECIPROCATES those same feelings back. He will either regret what he's done, or won't really care at all. It will bother him but it probably won't.

• From his actions I think he likes me but has commitment issues due to a bad psst relationship. That or he just has me there to flirt with but doesn't want me as you say :(... what if I keep ignoring him and he learns his lesson so in future can prove he can be consistent? Or do you think this type of person can't ever be consistent?