Will my ex bf ever regret leaving me?

Okay so, my ex-boyfriend just stopped contacting me and blocked me on Facebook and his phone. Long story short, my ex has been suffering from depression & anxiety for a long time. The main reason we broke up was because he wouldn't stop drinking alcohol and he didn't care about my feelings. He went to a psychiatrist a couple of times and took medication but his insurance stopped covering it so he didn't go anymore. He was still drinking even while he was going to the therapist. He tells me that I'm bipolar because I get mad at him when he drinks? Which is absurd because any normal thinking person would react the same way I did. I tried so much to help him, i even offered to stop drinking with him so he wouldn't have to do it alone. He ended up ignoring me and I got really angry and said a lot of mean things that I shouldn't have said but I never hurt him to the point where he could just abandon me the way that he did. I was there through all his drunken nights and I even saved his life by hiding is car keys so he wouldn't drive while he was intoxicated. I haven't spoken to him in a week and a half and I feel like he's never going to make the attempt to talk to me again. He's emotioanlly unstable and he has too much pride. I feel like I've just been abandoned and all I want is an apology from him. He's so cold and heartless. I never cheated on him or did anything to the point for him to ignore me. My question is, will he ever regret losing me? And will he ever try to contact me again? I'm honestly hurt and I'm trying to get over him but it's so painful. I hate that I still love him. How can a man go from wanting to marry a girl to just completely ignoring her and pretending like she's dead?

26

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on what you've said here, he may go in and out of regret. Whether he does or not though, it's not something that you should hope for. He needs to get help for his issues or else having a long-lasting and stable relationship with him is not likely.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex has done exactly the same to me and I can completely understand how painful it is. It's guy's way of coping (he admitted that to me). Women deal with the pain immediately and move on, whilst men ignore it and deal with the pain much later on. That's usually when they start contacting you months later. He will most likely contact you after some time or at least unblock you.

It's been about a week since my ex boyfriend didn't want anything to do with me, didn't want us to be together, didn't want to talk to me, ignored me etc to apologising and finally opening up to me about how he's feeling and why he's been treating me like he has, today.

Give it time, focus on yourself and your happiness until then. Refrain from contacting him, he may eventually think about things and realise he let a good woman go because he couldn't pull himself together. Not talking to him will make him miss you more.

• Thank you so much, you have no idea how much better I feel after reading your post. It's such awful pain but thats exactly what I figured. He just needs time on his own. And I know for a fact that he truly does love me. He just needs to realize what he wants.

• Exactly. You can contact me anytime if you need to talk. Thanks for MHO.