Any good outcomes from texting an ex you want back a happy bday?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex did that. We ended up getting back together... only to break up again a year later.

• You guys got back after he said happy bday?

• Yes. I thought it was sweet. We started texting back and forth, calling, and eventually got back together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Initially, yes. It usually results in a sweet moment where you both step back and realize that you despite what happened, even though things can't be like before, you still care about each other.

The problem is, if you're anything like me, the little spark from that sweet moment will fester and undo much of the progress you'd made in trying to get over her. Then next thing you know, you're day-dreaming about trying to get her back again even though you know its fruitless.

All in all, I'd say its a neutral exchange. You gain a moment of sweetness in exchange for a headache/heartache down the road.