How can I help my ex boyfriend move on?

I left him roughly around a month and a half ago. He goes through a phase where he won't talk to me for 2 weeks and will come across as Mr Cool who is over me but then all of a sudden he'd switch up and act like we're friends and then he ALWAYS gets upset all over again when he realizes I'm not going back to him. It's like he attempts to start "no contact" but then relapses. I wouldn't say we have remained friends or anything. We literally have seen each other only once since the break up and we don't text back and forth often because I don't want to give him the wrong impression and I want him to move on. However he's the one always sending me texts and initiating things.

It's getting to a point where I feel ridiculously sorry for him. Last night at 10pm he sends me a text asking if we can just cuddle... I really just... I feel sorry for him and the fact that he's struggling to let go kills me so I want to know what I can do from my side to just help him.

Should I ignore him? Should I keep being friendly towards him but not overly friendly? What can I do?

To people saying I'm leading him on... read what I wrote.

I never initiate anything. I told him I'm not coming back MANY times.

He's the one who chooses to talk to me.

38

Most Helpful Girl

• Stop contacting him.
    Maybe message him and say: 'It's clear you are not over me but it's time you move on. We are never going to get back together and I really care for you and think it would be best if we don't talk anymore so that you can properly get over me. I wish you all the best, I hope you find someone one day and take care'.
    I would then block his number, all social media contact, etc. Otherwise it's just going to keep going round in circles.

• This is pretty good advice I think. At least then I have a chance to tell him why I'm ignoring him.

Thank you for your insight. I'll consider it strongly :)

• Thank you so much :)

• This is perfect.