How to get over my ex boyfriend who I love so much?

He broke up with me today, I can't imagine a life without him

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to move on somehow. I had an ex who broke up with me out of the blue but it was months ago. It hurt me a lot, it was like getting shot in the stomach. But with time, and just focusing on myself and acting like he didn't exist it really helped me move on. You don't need someone who doesn't deserve you or even treat you right. I mean understand he has to focus his education but he can make time for you as well, I don't understand what's so hard about that. Just let him be, don't chase him or anything it'll just push him away from you father. Show him that you have moved on and that you are better off without him. You don't need someone that doesn't need you. And another thing don't rely on your partner to make you happy, don't its a big mistake. Talk other people, distract yourself, enjoy being single for a while. Act like he doesn't exist if you two see each other often act like you don't see him, it worked for me. Once he sees that you have moved on he will be begging to take you back. Trust me, but be careful because a lot of times when they see that you've moved on they try to get you back by saying something cheap like I love you. And then months later they just leave you without any explanation. Just my word advice, you'll be okay, I went through the same thing except mine was my first love but I moved on and healed from it. You might be broken now but if you just let time take its place you'll feel better in no time. And he'll realize what a big mistake he made.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Why not. Do you honestly want to be with someone who is willing to put you through all this pain? Everything ends sooner or later. Enjoy it while you can and once it ends you keep the good memories along with the bad ones. This way you make sure you don't make the same mistakes twice. And have fun now that you have more free time. You don't know how long that will last.

3|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• First of all, why did you break up? If he just dropped you he didn't truley "love" you. Whatever the hell that word means. Honestly you don't need someone who is shallow enough to drop you when you need him most. Do not be that girl who relies on a guy for happiness. Take control, and rock this breakup. Make him regret dropping that shit. You are worth so much more than you are giving yourself credit for! I bet you can make him wish leaving you was the worst mistake of his life.

3|0
    0|0
    • He broke up with me because he says he has to chose his education over me. when we were together he promised to never give up on me, he made me feel so loved and I love him so much. He told me he'll never let me go and that he'll balance education and time with me. And now I'm in so much pain I can't stop crying , I never knew I could cry for a whole day lol. Thanks for your advice :)

• You are welcome, and I have been through the same thing in a way... he said he loved me more than any girl and he was so happy with me, then one day he said i would be better off without him. And he aleady had another girlfriend. But i surrounded myself with good vibes. I suggest you do the same.

• Well first you need to take into consideration that it has only been less than a day when he broke up with you so the breakup is still fresh. It takes time. The best thing you should do is listen to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KJjVMqNIgA then you need to get all your crying and emotions. Invite a friend over and watch a movie, make sure to talk it out. After your day of sobbing and crying, you wake up and get out of the house. DO NOT stay in and sob all day! Take a long evening walk if you need to.

2|0
    0|0
  • I know it's hard but it will get easier as time goes by, it just wasn't meant to be. There are plenty of men out there and you have to realize that it's not the end of the world. It's ok to cry just let it all out, then get up and say I'm a strong women, and he is just not the guy I thought he was. There is a man out there somewhere for you that will love you, and make you happy. I know what you're going through my boyfriend broke up with me last Tuesday and I literally stayed in bed and cried my eyes out, and I still do cry once in a while but I'm getting better but it still hurts. Try to spend time with friends, listen to some music (no sad songs tho), exercise , watch a silly movie, go to the movies, but just keep yourself busy. Trust me it does get better k

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes