How to get over him and move on?

I have been in a long distance relationship for just over 8 years. We hadn't seen each other in 5 months due to work commitments and then bad weather so we had to reschedule but i never stopped loving him though the distance was hard and we got distant.

We saw each other on Thursday and had a lovely time, got on well - though it was always going to be awkward seeing each other after such a long time.

I text on Saturday morning and asked how he felt - was he still in love or did he feel like we were keeping it going because we has been together for such a long time.

His response was ' got on really well, no arguments and had a lovely time but we've lost it a bit don't you think?' to which I replied 'oh ok' then I text 'friends its is then.. enjoy your golf today and hopefully catch up next week'

He never replied (although he has been online whatsapping!)

I've been dumped by text after 8 years and feel rubbish cause I still actually love him 😞

Wish he had replied - what do you think and how do i g

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It didn't sound like he dumped you. Sounds more like you did the dumping. But you should text or call and ask if its anything you can do as a couple to fill in the missing pieces and get that closeness back? Let him know your feelings where hurt and you over reacted because you truly still love him and want to make it work with him. If he truly cares and loves you he will be all in. If not then you did the right thing to begin with.