He cried just as hard if not harder than me when he broke up with me... why?

This guy and I had liked each other since sophomore year but neither of us did anything until the summer of junior year. We started talking mid July then started dating. He was the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. The day he broke up with me though, he came to my house and we talked about why we were breaking up and the odd thing was he was crying just as hard as I was. He said he still loved me and still cared for me And the whole cliché he still wants to be friends. While I was bawling my eyes out he was too. I don't know what it means.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm probably going to get killed for this, but similar situation happened between my first real girlfriend, and I. I cried as I broke up with her because I loved her more than anything. She had been growing distant for some time as I was gearing up to go to college. I really didn't want to do it, but I knew that If I didn't it was going to be drawn out and eventually it was going to end a lot worse. In the end I wanted to stay with her, but I couldn't force her to want to be with me even though she hadn't outright said she didn't want to be with me anymore. I don't doubt it hurt her to, but in the end she got over it and found someone new before I did. So in summation I'd say he cried because it was difficult for him and because he really loved you.

What Guys Said 3

• It really hurts to lose some people, when I lose someone really important, I might go sit alone like you see in me my icon and I might listen to sade and drink patron, staring into the dark. To someone like me, losing a lover is almost Like losing a body part, or a piece of your soul. Just saying... I know alotta guys seem heartless towards femsles but some of cherish the idea of being inlove instead of cherishing the idea of getting laid... 😑

• I think because he was hurting you.

• Your cycles got in sync by the sounds of it. lol

What Girls Said 2

• You can love someone and still not want to be in a relationship with them for a wide variety of reasons.

• It's hard to see another person cry and not cry... aww he really must care about you though. I think he cried because, maybe he didn't expect you to cry and it all hit him at once... And sorry about the breakup hope all is well :)
    Peace
    Margaret