I was horrible, I've changed, he doesn't believe it, and I need him to. How do I get my ex back?

I dated this boy for 10 months, and I really fell for him. We were best friends. And yeah, we seemed like the perfect couple, but we weren't. We fought all the time and I was the one that caused it most of the time. I got mad over the SMALLEST things, all the time. We broke up twice, but it was for like 2 hours each. When he broke up with me, I realized how terrible I treated him and how badly I hurt him through out our relationship. even though I was horrible, I really loved him.. and still do. he's different from a lot of guys, he didn't want to have sex... and he wasn't a jerk, I was so mean to him. when I lost him, I noticed I needed to change to get him back... everyone keeps telling me to play the "I'M OVER YOU" card, and I really want to... but it's hard. he still has my jacket from three months ago, and I still have the necklace, bracelet, bear, and cards, he gave me. most of all, all I can think about is the past.. and how much I love him. I really really miss him... and I need him back. he's the first guy I've ever loved, and even if he says he never did, I know he did love me to... and I don't think people can just stop loving each other. I have changed, I promised myself I would stop getting mad over stupid things, and I will keep the promise if we get back together. I NEED HIM BACK. I LOVE HIM. help me get him back? :/
1
2