How did you cope from your ex moving on very fast?

So me and my now ex split up last Tuesday, he went out last night to meet a new girl. He dumped me because I was depressed and didn't have a sex drive after having a perfect Valentine's weekend and him telling me how much he loved me, wanted many more Valentine's with me etc.

We last talked on Sunday because I wanted answers as to why he would end things out of no where and if it was a problem then why not mention it to me or at least end civil. (Since he dumped me by saying he told his mates and they think I'm weird for being that way and I have the mentality of a 14 year old if I think that anyone would go without having regular sex and that if I cared I'd go to a doctor and sort myself out.)
He said on Sunday that I'm a horrible person, that I'm deluded and so are my friends for thinking I'm nice and that he would tell everyone the big picture and they wouldn't see him as the bad guy.

I have a sneaky suspicion that he will be at the club I go to on Friday with this girl and I really don't want to be upset after all the hurt he has caused already. So how did you guys get over your ex moving on so quickly? :(

11

What Guys Said 1

• Don't gauge yourself according to his moving on. Let him... he will probably screw her over too!

If he uses the sex card on you and is frustrated then that is his problem not yours... that's all he likely wanted.

If he truly liked you then he would respect your wishes and still want to be with you.

What Girls Said 1

• Space. Lots of space. When me and my ex ended he had a girlfriend within a week (safe to say it had started to some extent while we were together). For a few months after we still talked pretty much daily; and there was zero chance of me moving on. Eventually I just cut all ties. Went to different clubs than the ones we used to hang out in, didn't talk to him or reply to messages. It'll hurt for a while, you're not going to immediately get over someone, but putting some distance between the two of you is probably the best way to minimise that pain.