Why is my exs friends still treating me like I am with my ex?

My ex ended our relationship basically suddenly 2 months ago after being under a lot of stress and becoming depressed, his best mate also started asking him why he is not making more of a commitment to me after 3 years and a child, as a result my ex thought it was easier to end the relationship then feel that pressure. The depression had a lot to do with the break up.
Since ending the relationship he has contacted me weekly, then ask to see me in person, he has opened up to me emotionally, we have hooked up, made future plans etc, then he pulls away for a few days needing some headspace.
I am only a little confused as his sister has been aware we have been in contact and is supportive of us, however my exs best mates are not aware that we have been in touch ( that I am aware off) however recently I sent a message to one of his mates to ask a question and was pleasantly surprised that his mate was speaking politely towards me etc and another friend was defending me, why are my exs friends still treating me like I am part of the group? I always thought that when a guys ends a relationship with a girl there is no way they keep in touch with her.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Every group has different codes, maybe he told them about you?
    That maybe one of the reasons.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• When a relationship lasts for 3 years, and you know the friends and have become integrated into their group, there's a good chance after the breakup they still see you as apart of their group. Also, if the brings disagree with what he did and why you guys broke up, they might think he was in the wrong and take your side. Also, if the best mate was pressuring him into committing, and he didn't, then there's another good chance he told the rest of the friends the situation. Hope this helps!

0|0
    0|0
  • They wanot to stay friends maybe.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes