What do I do? Do I give up?

Me and my ex boyfriend was together for 1 year, he lives around the corner from me so it will be hard to not bump into him. We was happy the whole relationship then last week he told me that he don't know why but something had changed in him and he don't love me anymore. I felt like my heart was being repeatedly stamped on and couldn't stop crying, he also cried and said the last thing he wanted to do was to hurt me but he thinks this is for the best as he knows his feelings won't come back and don't want to leave me on but he still cares about me a lot, I feel like it's ended for nothing as we was so happy to breaking up out of nowhere, and I don't understand why he's not willing to try and make his feelings for me stronger and make our relationship work, he now says he wants to be friends as I was a big part of his life and he cares about me and wants to be there for me to help me and I can't still talk to him about stuff, I still feel confused about breaking up and still want him back, what do I do? I'm desperate. I still feel very hurt and upset I also can't eat as I feel badly sick.
  • Do I try to make him love me again?
  • Cut all contact and move on
Should I try to be friends?

107

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, a relationship is more than just feelings. I would tell him that you were loyal to him and you don't feel he was loyal to you. If he disagrees tell him that's your opinion and that you can agree to disagree. I would say it's probably better that you two don't talk for that reason. He may protest but you can say you aren't satisfied with the way he left and you think it's for for the best. I would then stop talking to him unless he tries to apologise and says he wants to make things work.

That's what I would hope I'd do if I were you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • If he tries to take you back just say I am not sure how I will change but I feel so happy the way I am and very adequate, watch his stupid ego crumble, at that moment don't look back, you can't be involved in small brained boys. You are a bright and innocent, loving girl.

• I mostly agree and I think she could probably do better than him but I was trying to address her point about wanting him back, sort of. I think she should do your way if she has no interest in getting him back or mine if she might want him back, assuming he changes. I believe in second chances.

• Thanks for MHO.