I want to break up with my girlfriend but I'm afraid, any advice?

I want to break up with my girlfriend, it's not because I don't love her because I love her more than anything in the world. Her mom and I don't exactly see eye to eye. I found her mom has been extremely disrespectful towards me within the two years we've been dating. The other day her mother accused me of holding her back although I feel the opposite is true, I've never done anything but support her and love her. Unfortunately, she believes everything her mother tells her and now I'm being blamed for her mother's mistakes because her mother said they were my fault although I had nothing to do with them. I feel like she's targeting me because she's afraid that I'm going to take her daughter away and this being the reasoning behind her hostility towards me. I mean I'm a good guy, I have a good future ahead of me and I'm in college. I feel like her mother has put a wedge between us. I love this girl incredibly but if I want her I'm going to have to take the hypocritical, rude mother who at some point is finally going to get what she wants which is rid of me by manipulating my girlfriend which she has done a fantastic job of so far and I'm not going to make her pick between me and her mother. But if I am actually holding her back I don't want to be the reason she never got her dream job or something, I love her too much for that. I want to break up with her but I'm extremely afraid because I love her so much and it hurts. Any advice?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You describe her mother like real monster I won't make her big deal and I will enjoy my time with my gf/her daughter and If I'm thinking seriously to leave her I will tell her I will leave bcoz of your mother and I dont see her mother did big thing to make you thinking to leave her

And if you really love this girl you need to fight for her and since you're a good guy prepare to cry over nights if you left her:)

I suggest you to talk to your gf about her mother tell her what annoying you and enjoy your time I dont find big wrong from her mother

Goodluck by the way honestly if you're good guy prepare to cry over nights so think twice before you leave

What Girls Said 1

• First, be honest. If you lie about why you're breaking up with her not only can she feel betrayed (if she finds out) and you will feel guilty. Just tell her something like "I still love you, but I can't be with you anymore because of your mother. Maybe one day but not right now"

What Guys Said 3

• Dont break up, you love her, she loves you, stay! true love really doesn't come around that often. Once you finish your college and make something of your life, perhaps your mother in law will see eye to eye with you. I spent almost 10 years with my ex girlfriend and i never even met her mother because she didn't like me dating her, how do you think i felt! That said, i pretty much said screw her and kept dating her anyway. We both moved out together and although sadly the relationship ended (for various other reasons), I dont think i could of lived with myself knowing that I gave up true love for someone else' piece of mind. I'd probably talk to her mum and try to see her point of view, maybe better understand her (perhaps her husband ruined her life and she doesn't want you to do the same to her daughter? who knows)...

• Don't break up with the one you love because of her mother. If your girlfriends happy with you then it won't matter how much her mother manipulates her, she'll stay with you

• im afraid for u 2