Missing my ex - should I contact him?

So I dated this guy for about 4 months before I ended things. He was literally my ideal guy and we got on really well. It was really easy and comfortable and we were both happy. It was exclusive but I wanted more than just a casual relationship. Like he acted like my boyfriend but he didn't want to call himself that. I told him that I wanted more and he said he thought he'd been clear that he didn't want anything serious. In return I told him that I couldn't see him anymore if that was the case. So things ended.

After that he texted me a few times to see how I was and we met up once and he tried to change my mind. We didn't speak or a little while after that. Until I realized I'd made a huge mistake. I contacted him and a few times but he basically told me I'd made the decision. That was all just before Christmas.

Since then I've been on a few dates, but none of them are the same. It's not as easy or as fun or as comfortable. I'm not really sure what to do now. It feels like a case of right person; wrong time. But I have no idea how to find someone anything like him. I meant the last date i went on I mentioned him several times and the guy was not impressed. Is it worth reaching out to my ex or is it time to move on?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• if he's still not responsive to the idea of you two becoming exclusive then i don't advise you reach out to him, don't sell yourself short, you deserve to be with someone who wants to be called your boyfriend. once you settle into the "friends with benefits' its convenient for him. stick to your decision and don't be fooled to believe that maybe friends with benefits will become something more, this is reality not a hollywood movie

What Guys Said 2

• Funny you almost sound like my ex our situation was the same and she left me for similar reason the only difference is she never came back lol. I would say it you tried at Christmas and he shot you down then move on.

• tell him that you met a guy, and you are moving on. If he really feels something for you , he will react for sure. If not, then thank yourself for letting it go.

What Girls Said 1

• Well it seems like you guys dont want the same thing hey... If you opened that door again you'd only be hurting yourself... Until he decides otherwise... But then again why wait for him to decide? I wouldn't give him that satisfaction. Everyone is special