My boyfriend just wants to be single. Is there anything I can do / or does it mean he wants someone new?

We've been dating for about 8 months now and it seemed for a while everything was perfect. I got really attached we even live together. But today out of the blue he just wants to be single. What can I do?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• It is unfortunate that you moved in with someone that soon. You're only 19 and you've been dating him for 8 months an moved in together? Never a good idea.

But what is done is done. I am sure you've grown closer since living together. That must make it much harder on you. However, "just wanting to be single" is his way of saying he wants to see other girls. Time to separate. Don't make the same mistake again.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do. If he wants to be single then you can't change his mind. I don't think it necessarily means he wants to be with anyone else though. Maybe he just feels like he needs some space right now. Living together after only 8 months of dating is a lot for any relationship.