My boyfriend just wants to be single. Is there anything I can do / or does it mean he wants someone new?

We've been dating for about 8 months now and it seemed for a while everything was perfect. I got really attached we even live together. But today out of the blue he just wants to be single. What can I do?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is unfortunate that you moved in with someone that soon. You're only 19 and you've been dating him for 8 months an moved in together? Never a good idea.

But what is done is done. I am sure you've grown closer since living together. That must make it much harder on you. However, "just wanting to be single" is his way of saying he wants to see other girls. Time to separate. Don't make the same mistake again.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do. If he wants to be single then you can't change his mind. I don't think it necessarily means he wants to be with anyone else though. Maybe he just feels like he needs some space right now. Living together after only 8 months of dating is a lot for any relationship.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• He wants to see other people most likely. Maybe discuss an open relationship? I was in the same position not so long ago, I loved my wife but struggled with the concept of one woman forever, because it's not natural behaviour for humans. We now both enjoy an open relationship and our marriage is better than ever and we are now very close Again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Talk it out wih him. Maybe he's feeling depressed. 8 months is super quick to be moving in together and it could put a serious strain on any relationship.

But, after talking it out, you can't work it out, then don't try to change his mind. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not listen to him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Give him his space. He's not forced to be with you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes