My ex is back and I wanna know if I should let him in?

We met in September 2013 in my final year of uni and he was a year behind me. We had a real connection but nothing happend.
i decided to go back to uni for pst grad and we started spending everyday together. It was blissful. He hadn't dated anyone in like 2 years and knew that I liked him but did nothing about it until September 2014... It was amazing.

I finished school n he had to go another year and my hometown is 4 hours away from his and 5 hours from the school. So in December when we were at our respective homes he dumped me. And never looked back.

I called him yesterday to get final closure to close the chapter and he told me he regrets his decision. I live an hour away from him now.
I feel like he has had so many opportunities to speak up so why now?

should I give him another shot

20