I'm in a loving relationship with a great guy, but sometimes think about my Ex. What Do I do?

I've been living with my boyfriend for almost two years now. He's amazing and I love him a lot. He's one of the best people I know and I wouldn't know what to do without him in my life. The only problem is I still sometimes think about my Ex. It makes harder to focus on what's in my life now. My Ex was my first love and things felt intense and passionate. It was the first time I ever felt really connected to someone and ever really loved someone. With my boyfriend, while I do love him, it's not the same and I sometimes miss how things used to feel with my Ex. When things ended with my ex it ended on really bad terms and he left me really hurt. He Found another girl and never spoke to me again. He broke my heart and was a jerk towards the end to me. I don't know how to move on from it. I don't want it back. I just miss feeling that connection to someone. It's ruining a good thing. I haven't told my boyfriend about how I felt. I really want to stop worrying so much about things in my past and focus more on the great guy that's in my life now.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that it is fine but tell him relationships are about truth and trust

Most Helpful Girl

• I really understand how you feel. What a jerk! With my first love, things felt so exciting and passionate, just like you described. Then he found a girlfriend. It hurt very much.

Is there anything your boyfriend can do to make you feel that connection you had with your ex? If so, don't be afraid to ask him. Maybe try some new things.

If not, just remind yourself constantly that you're lucky to have met someone so loving, who doesn't treat you badly. I'm going through something similar enough, so you're not the only one.

Good luck. :-)