Hard time forgetting ex?

So I'm 16, in October I met a guy and he asked me out on a date, we went out the next day and had a great time, then i got sick and missed 3 days of school but he made everything better, he made me feel better, we talked 24/7 and i developed feelings for him, then when i came back to school on Thursday he kissed me and so we went on until 3 weeks later he broke up with me for no reason, he did it in about 5 minutes and in a very mean way. It came as such a shock because even the day before he was telling me how much he misses me and how studies are pissing him off because he's not being able to spend as much time with me as he did before. Now he became a total jerk, to everyone not just me, even though he used to be a very sweet and considerate 17 year old guy. The he stopped talking to me altogether, he stopped saying hi, as if he doesn't know me. And this is really hurting me, even till now. He was my first boyfriend and I really liked him. I've also had a pretty bad life at school, with bullied and friends betraying me and all, people also spread a lot of lies about me, I feel like I've always wanted to have someone like me instead of spreading rumors about me of course. The fact that he's not part of my life anymore sucks and he was just really special to me. I don't know why I'm not being able to forget him, I mean we only went out for 3 weeks. Is it because he was my first boyfriend? Is it because I always wanted to be wanted and now it's gone and i just don't wanna let go? And it's not like i have a lot of free time to work out or meet new people, I'm still 16, at school and have lots of things ahead of me before activities. And now I know I'm young and all but since I've had a hard time with people hurting me, I'm afraid I'll never find someone and I'm afraid of getting hurt again.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly to me it sounds like he's being the typical highschool douche. The best thing you can do in my opinion is just take time to be yourself work on personal happiness and make close friends that you can trust before you try to make a long term relationship work because if you're not happy alone you won't truly be happy in a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• High school relationships are just learning experiences. I understand what you are going through try being in a relationship for 5 years with your first love and then them having to break up with you for no reason. It sucks and it hurts, break ups are always the hardest but you'll meet someone better. My ex was my first love as well and trying to get over him hurt me a lot but I managed to move on somehow. If you two go to school together maybe try acting like he doesn't exist, I did it and it helped me a lot. Just because because he was your first love doesn't mean he will be your last. You have plenty of time to meet other guys in this world he isn't the only one. He probably just doesn't know what he wants yet, he's still young, my ex was the same he doesn't know what he wants. Try to distract yourself, do something that you love, hang out with your closest friends, etc. It took me about 5 months to move on from my ex but I did with time, it wasn't easy but it was totally worth it. Its just a learning experience, it was for me. I thought i just needed a boyfriend to make me happy but something I learned is that you can't depend on your partner to make you happy. Go out and socialize with other people, go take an adventure or something. Don't be so quick to find another partner, cry it out if you need to, throw away things that he gave you if he ever did give you anything. It will help you heal and so will time. I went through the same thing except my ex broke up with me last year in March, he didn't give me any closure or any reason so I had to make up my closure, and just except that if it was meant to be it would've been.