Is it really over between us?

My boyfriend of 6 months broke up with me yesterday. He said we are too different. I know 6 months isn't long but it's half a year so I'm having a hard time coping with this. I really don't understand where I went wrong. All he used to do was make plans about me being in his future and everything. We both knew we were different before we even got together so I don't understand this reason of him breaking up with me. I really can't stop crying. I am so in love with him and I am so sure he was so in love with me. After breaking up with me he continued having a conversation with me as if nothing happen. Like he was laughing even though nothing was funny. As if he was trying to avoid what just happened. He then also said I am the only girl he loves for now and that if I need anything to let him know and that I will always be his "QUEEN". And then he said I'm so beautiful. I really don't understand his actions. I just keep crying. I have been crying for hours and I keep asking myself "why" did this happen. Like is he even hurting as much as I am? I feel like he isn't at all. He broke up with me pretty easily and is dealing with it just fine. I just want to be with him. I love him so much. He asked if I never want to talk to him again. I told him that I was planning to never talk to him again but I decided against it. I said I would check on him from time to time and see how he is and how is parents are but not everyday like we used to talk. So I won't contact him until a month I guess. This is do hard. It really is. He's taking it pretty well. He doesn't even care that I'm hurting. He knows how sensitive I am. Do you think it's really over? I'm having a hard time accepting this.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe talking to him about it would give you some closure. Sometimes us guys hide our emotions, so we are strong on the outside but weak on the inside. I'm sure he cares who you are hurting, he probably just needs time to process it. I can almost guarantee he is taking the break up harder than it might seem. Sorry this had to happen to you. Break ups suck.

1|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean by "talking to him" ? Should I wait awhile? I don't want to seem pushy.

• Show All
    • Okay๐Ÿ˜” thank you all๐Ÿ’”

• @CheaBae no problem, good luck and you'll be alright, even if it doesn't seem like it now

• You may have known the differences between you both beforehand but maybe it is just beginning to settle in with him. Maybe he has decided the differences won't allow for the type of relationship he wants in his future.

Furthermore, he may be hurting too but just not showing it now.

It is also possible that he found someone else and that is why he broke it off with you.

In any case you need to make a clean break. Calling him later, even a month from now, will only serve to hurt you more. Try and move on with life. Put your energy into other interests. Don't jump into another relationship to try and make yourself feel better. This is an opportunity to grow and realize that you can get on without a guy in your life. So take a break and maybe start dating again in a few months. Yes, it will be hard but best for you in the long run.

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes