Ex broke no contact rule after a year? Why?

So i had a bf for about 3 years last year i asked for something for serious and he told me he wasent ready i figured he was seeing someone else so i broke it off a year ago he was not happy but didn't stop me. Few months later he updates a new gf ! i was heartbroken but didn't contact him at all. Well a year later he contacts me saying he's so sorry and wants to be friends? Why? Why now?
THANKS EVERYONE :) i cut him off if he really wants me he will have to do a lot more, not to be conceited but im probably the best he ever had everyone wondered why i even gave him the time of day but for some reason i loved his weirdness lol

63

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't cut him off. I just broke up with my girlfriend not to long ago... she also moved on that fast. O so she says. He still loves you. I guess at that time he was trying to fill the hole of you not being in his life. Even after a year that hole hasn't bin filled.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he wants to keep in touch just to see what you are up to. Who you are with and anything you are doing. Maybe a back up. My ex still bothers me on occasion even though I'm married and the ex has a gf. I don't talk to him. I have no need to.