Ex broke no contact rule after a year? Why?

So i had a bf for about 3 years last year i asked for something for serious and he told me he wasent ready i figured he was seeing someone else so i broke it off a year ago he was not happy but didn't stop me. Few months later he updates a new gf ! i was heartbroken but didn't contact him at all. Well a year later he contacts me saying he's so sorry and wants to be friends? Why? Why now?
Updates:
THANKS EVERYONE :) i cut him off if he really wants me he will have to do a lot more, not to be conceited but im probably the best he ever had everyone wondered why i even gave him the time of day but for some reason i loved his weirdness lol

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't cut him off. I just broke up with my girlfriend not to long ago... she also moved on that fast. O so she says. He still loves you. I guess at that time he was trying to fill the hole of you not being in his life. Even after a year that hole hasn't bin filled.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he wants to keep in touch just to see what you are up to. Who you are with and anything you are doing. Maybe a back up. My ex still bothers me on occasion even though I'm married and the ex has a gf. I don't talk to him. I have no need to.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like his new relationship didn't work out. Being friends would be ok. Dating him again would be a waste of time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand what you're stating

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• he misses you... only way to find out in which way is to let him be friends... x

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe him and his girl are having problems boys always realize that they messed up to late and think they can just walse back into your life don't give in

3|0
    0|0
  • He and new girlfriend broke up. He doesn't want to be alone and figures that you'll take him back and he can just use you so that he's not alone.

2|0
    0|0
  • He's thinking of you as a back up girl. Do you really want to be with someone who only came back to you because his last relationship didn't work out?

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell him he's rude and to F off-haha no but seriously nothing good can come from that say you accept the apology and be pleasant but don't get into it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes