Boyfriend said he needed to take a break with me after getting a lot of stress but told everyone we broke up?

Okay so I had a boyfriend for almost 2 months. He was everything to me. He bought me all these things, would never let me pay for anything we did, came and brought me flowers to a performance, and a whole lot more. He always treated me well and was really really nice. I noticed he was being somewhat distant a few weeks ago. His mom and I text a bit and she was telling me he has a lot of stress. So last week he pulled me aside and said "there's no other girl, you're the best girlfriend ever, you're so amazing we just need to take a break because I'm so stressed" I said "just a break?" and he said "yeah just a break". So we walked away. I left school early that day and got a text from him asking where I was and I said I was just tired. He said he didn't want to ruin our friendship or something and I was like okay? The next day I found out from someone that he actually broke up with me. I texted him about it and he said "it wasn't working". This makes no sense because it really was going so well. Everyone I've told says to talk to him but I don't know how to approach him on this because I already texted him. I still hang out with our group at lunch and we haven't talked at all. There was a point about 3 weeks ago where another guy told me he liked me and my bf found out and he got all distant and told me he didn't want to get all attached and then dumped. We talked about it and I told him I would never leave him. I'm not sure if he's trying to test me if I will go to that guy or what. Maybe he's unaware that that's why he broke up with me? His mom said he's not fully giving up on me so I'm not sure what to think of all of this. I really like him and it would be the worst thing to lose him.
  • Yeah sorry you're done
  • There's more to this
  • Maybe he really is just stressed and just doesn't want to bring you into it
    Vote C

01