Guy stating he is more level-headed?

I started recently seeing this new guy. During our third date, he said something that made me feel really uncomfortable. He stated that he was more level-headed and stable than me. I felt like he was insinuating that I wasn't level-headed at all. And I took serious offense to this. Ever since then I've been really reserved and I'm a little put off. I'm afraid to open up and show any emotion towards him because he is obviously so in control and detached, that if I show any emotion or hurt over the fact he was an hour late to our date and didn't even let me know, that I'm the unstable one. I told him he might be more "level-headed" but I feel I have a deeper understanding of respect and empathy. He disagreed.

Am I over thinking things? Or does that seem like a dickish thing to say?

02