How to contact a guy after a breakup?

So, at this moment it's been a little over a week since my boyfriend of nearly a year broke up with me. We always fought and I've decided that he probably got tired of the fighting. However, we were the best of friends. When we broke up, out of anger, I told him that I hated him and to not talk to me again. I feel guilty for saying such a thing because I still love him and I'd like to talk things out for once. Not now, but eventually. Today, I saw him crying, surrounded by his friends. I'm not sure what's wrong. I feel like I should apologize for saying such things because it's killing me, but is it the right time? I wrote him a letter just to apologize, not ask to get back together even if that is what I'd like, but I'm not sure if that would scare him away or not. What should I do? I hate hurting him D: I love him too much to do this.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Give him/you some time to cool down. Then approach him and be honest with what your thinking. If your honest, you can't go wrong really, and he would appreciate the honesty

Most Helpful Girl

• I dont know how he thinks about the relationship, if you guys ended in a fight he might feel bad too. If he didn't block you on anything or told you to leave him alone I think you could just send him a text at first, it doesn't have to be a love letter or all your feelings.. you can start by just saying sorry for the things you said, that you dont hate him and that you're grateful for the memories, if his response is positive you can maybe have a good talk with him and tell him all your feelings