Have you ever broken up with someone even though you loved them and knew it was going to hurt you and them? if so, why? what was the "last straw"?

just wondering if you've ever broken up with someone you were in love with even though you knew it was going to hurt both of you? what ultimately made you decide to do that?
  • yes
  • no
  • never been in that situation
    Vote C

36

Most Helpful Guy

• well, not when i loved them, but i have when i knew it would hurt her. as per why: cuz i was just using her for sex. the last straw was i found someone else.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because I knew I would keep being hurt if I stayed. Sometimes you are better off being without the person you love.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • were you two just not compatible or did something happen?

• We got along great but I felt he chose his family over me and it hurt so bad.
      He had a job in Connecticut and we live in new york. He was gone for weeks at a time. He came back for a two day weekend I asked him to spend time with me. He chose his family. There were other situations too

• aw i'm so sorry girl. it was definitely in your best interest to leave that. i'm sure you did the right thing for yourself.