How to stop liking my crush?

Ok, so I've like this guy for a while, and recently I tried asking him out. Things took a turn for the worse, and well, he said this. He doesn't want to be part of any sort of relationships until after he graduates to get his life in order. So basically he knows that I like him, but he rejected me, which hit me hard. I've never asked anyone out, or been asked out before, so I'm kinda heartbroken. Now I need to take the hint, and I want to try to stop liking him. Any advice? Please, I don't want to make things even more awkward than they already are.

01

What Guys Said 1

• It was quite brave of you to ask him out. Don't let the rejection discourage you. His loss.

There is no easy way to get over someone. However, his behavior and probable lie regarding his reasoning for not going out with you, should help you realize he isn't right for you to begin with.

Try and focus your attention on your studies and search for someone else. Most guys would be very flattered to have a girl ask them out given that it is a rare occurrence.

• I think he was flattered, I think. But it just totally sucks that he had to say that. I'm pretty shy, and he's pretty shy, so I thought it might work out. And what "probable lie?" You think that he lied about why he didn't want to go out with me?

• Well it could be your age but given that he doesn't have a girlfriend and is shy I don't know that your age would be that much of a factor. I mean he is a junior so it isn't that big of a deal. You'll be 15 this year, right?

• Yeah, in June

What Girls Said 0