It happened, my relationship of 3 years ended last night. I need some advice, how do you begin to love yourself again?

I'm trying to keep myself busy because I don't want to be sad. I found out that when I occupy myself I feel a lot better, but lately I have been running out of things to do. Especially around night time. I have insomnia so I rarely sleep but I have Klonopin a type of sleeping medicine, which helps me sleep I mean I take it and I'm out in less than 15. The medicine makes me feel sick in the mornings and makes me feel high, so I need some ideas on what to do while I try to put myself to sleep. Also I'm an over thinker, I go through every detail, everything thing that can happen, every little thing said, and eventually I get anxiety and I cry myself to sleep. Help needed!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Be with your friends! Thats the moment when you need to be surrounded from people that care about you! Talk about your feelings. If you feel angry scream about it! Let your feelings out.
    Hear some music that will fill you up with energy!
    I can think of two songs that have helped me: Three Days Grace - Pain
    and Three Days Grace - Riot
    When you get better you will understand, that life goes on and the best is yet to come

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• take time to cry and mourn the relationship. then when all your hurt is out, get angry and let it out. finally, take care of yourself, learn piece of mind. it takes time, its gonna suck, but time heals all they say. good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • this link isn't working via chrome, but try with something else:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vgKzXdwtRE&list=RD4vgKzXdwtRE#t=0

And any others. jon kabat-zinn's stuff is very good.

0|0
    0|0
  • best idea to chat with someone who will chat during your rest or free time.
    your mind will be biased.

1|0
    0|0
  • That sucks!

I found it was best for me to take a break... I went on a trip by myself. It helped quite a bit to get over my ex and starting out in life again.

it let me focus on who I was without other people influencing me. I got back to my roots and now I love it! I found myself and like myself much better now.

I have a gf that loves and supports me in keeping my roots and I love her for that. Although it took some time... I am a better person bc I took the time to be me again. This was a two year period.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Go out with friends. Go shopping, meet new people, go to new places. experiment new things, do new hairstyles, new styles, do nail paint, go to Live band shows. create an fb page. Have a new pet a kitty or a puppy love them. Kittens are adorable and keep u busy. Click selfies. Go out of town with family spend some time out in Nature. Listen to slow music at night read books?

2|0
    0|0
  • I just cried myself to sleep :/ Crying makes me sleepy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes