Why would an ex ask to be friends after being broken up for about 5 months?

Why would an ex ask to be friends after being broken up for about 5 months? My offer before was turned down right after we broke up and he decided it was better to not talk?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you break up with him or did he break up with you?

• I broke up with him

• My guess is that he wants you to be in his life one way or another, bit wanted to break off contact until his broken heart healed. Either that or he is trying to gradually get you back.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he's regretting his decision and wants to be friends so he can still have you in his life in some way. Or maybe he's lonely. Just be careful, if you don't feel comfortable with that situation don't do it 😊