Would it ruin my marriage if I re-enlisted in the Marine Corps?

My wife said she couldn't handle me going back for four more years in the Corps. She fears I won't come back but that's just part of the job private first class battalion squadron E-3 and C-2, you will never know your last day until that day comes... but she thinks it would ruin us if I re-enlisted. Its a hard decision...
  • should I go back to the Marines
  • or be with my wife
  • fallow my heart
    Vote C

53

Most Helpful Girl

• Who do you really love? Your wife or the Corps? My Dad is a (former) USMC Zero, so I hear the acronyms and four letter adjectives come out of his mouth quite often. Dude, don't ever downplay the fact that you're a Bad Ass, you're a Marine, Oooh Rah!!! (That is unless you're one of those office pukes!) = ]

I take it that you've toured in-country at least once already, (no need to say) I cannot imagine the stress a Marine's wife must feel when her Marine is in harms way, it can't be good. I applaud and thank you both for your service to our Country especially in a time when our service members and families are not being supported and thanked as they should. I also know how most Marines feel about seeking help, is there a Chaplain you and your wife can talk to together? That might be one of your first steps, it will at least open up communication in a positive way.

Another thing that could allow you to stay connected to the Corps might be to do a stint as a USMC Reservist. Unfortunately Reservists are getting tapped to do active duty tours with increasing frequency. Once things get better you could re-up active duty again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Your nationalism is commendable, but I wouldn't exactly recommend that.

I understand that part of the job is self-sacrifice, but your life and well-being may not be the only sacrifice with this potential re-enlistment.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE