Why is it so easy for a guy after a breakup?

It has been 2 months now, I keep myself really busy everyday, but every now and then when I have random images that pop up in my head or this random twitch of feeling, tears still stream from my eyes. Why are guys so unfeeling and cold? It is as if I never existed to him. How could he move on so easily? How do you guys manage to not feel a thing?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I think he is just hiding his feelings from you. A guy will do everything he can to give the impression he does not care, though inside that is not always the case

What Guys Said 8

• It's not a matter of ease, it's a matter of never showing it.

If a man breaks his leg and cries with other male friends around he will never hear the end of "and he was crying like a baby going "oh oh it's broke oh my god" you should have seen it.

That is why you take pain and internalize it until it turns into a tumor when you're 60.

• every guy is different, every relationship is different, i still have feeling for my Ex, we ended about 5 years ago, it is hard to let go of feelings when they are so powerful, love is a strange thing, maybe your guy either didn't love you as much as you loved him or maybe he is just good at hiding his feelings, i don't let my Ex know that i still have very strong feeling for her, we are very good friends so it is hard most of the time but i say nothing because she wants to get on with her life and because i love her so much i want nothing more then to see her happy so i keep my feelings to myself

• "GUYS" are too many. This case does not apply to all of them. I for one went for about 8 months asking my ex to go back with me. I had sleepless nights, i would cry and, call out of work for days. Just goes to show some men just react differently.

• Well I am loyal to him, but he does not love me and does not think anyone else would love me; it seems to me he wouldn't even care if I am dead or alive. He cared about his ex though, even though she cheats on him, seems like guys only have feelings about girls that mistreat them.

• Unless he's a total asshole, he is most likely hiding his true feelings.

• I guess then I was unfortunate to love a total asshole... I wish there is some evidence that he isn't 100% asshole... its like he has zero feelings zero emotion zero conscience

• Umm because I didn't give shit about her to begin with maybe? LOL Just keeping it real ^^

• That is what I think... but then can a guy really not give a shit and stay in a relationship for a year and half? I cannot understand the psychotic nature... how can someone not have emotions

• Well you have to also think about this ALL guys aren't me int he sense of me never getting attached to anything OR anyone because I realise at the snap of a finger they could be gone... so that's why I can do that LOL

I know what you're saying though ^^

• Really? Do u really have to ask this question lel
    isn't it obvious that men has been wanting all the cuties to themself for ages?

• It's a tad harder then you think.

• We are good at hiding them and we try really hard to move on but some people can bounce back pretty quick. Same for girls like this one girl I went out with broke up with me because she felt I wasn't expressing my emotions enough then 10 minutes latter she posts on face book I'm single now any guys want to go out with me I got pist and commented don't you think this a little to soon becausemade me feel like I didn't matter to her and like we had no connection well once she read my comment she was at my doorstep we yelled at each other and she smashed some of my stuff then she kissed me and we got back together weird as hell but it worked for a while then we broke up for good when she cheated

• Maybe I just need to become a manipulative cheater girl, play games with the guy's head, THEN, he will actually care and feel something at breakup?

• No don't go there only person hurt is you and those you hurt just stay who you are the guy was just a dick and now he's in your past and it's going to hurt leaving him there but it's better for you

What Girls Said 2

• Because he didn't give a shit in the first place.

• Men in our society are raised to have a gender role that includes hiding most emotions. They also compete with each other and some of them would never admit to their best friends or family that they are feeling hurt.
    I've heard that men stay exceptionally busy to keep from thinking about breakups (a man's brain concentrates on one task at a time, so if he's playing beer pong, he's playing beer pong, not playing beer pong and thinking about you).
    I've also heard that women actually deal with break ups more efficiently because we prepare ourselves way ahead of time and start to break attachments before it happens; so we're closer to being over him than he is of being over us. (even though he'd never admit to it).

• Its a comforting thought that he might actually really cared but he just doesn't feel a damn thing cause he is busy. But, not feeling a damn thing actually just means he doesn't give a damn about the breakup...