My ex asked me to call him after no contact?

We had no contact for over a month, he is seeing someone new. for the past 4 1/2 months, We broke up 5 months ago. He sent me an e-mail saying he missed our friendship, and that if I ever wanted to chat, he would be up for that. He wrote this early on a monday morning, first minute he arrived at work. I translate that into him asking me to call him but asked in a way as though he is doing me a favor, I haven't called him, but I did send a reply saying I was free for a chat any time. (about a week later)

He also slipped into the e-mail a hurtful insult, reminding me of the 3 months I was depressed and avoiding his family. (We were together for 7 years, and that's all he remembers) He said "I was a good friend but rubbish at talking to his friends and family"

I've apologized 100 fold for that.

What does he want from me?

Was it silly of me to have said he can ring any time? Because it's been 2 weeks now and I've not go so much as a text message from him.

Is he just f***ing with me?

Does he miss me? But still too p*ssed about my behavior during my three month depression?

Is he getting back at me for ignoring his e-mail for a week before replying?

All I'm doing now is getting on with my life but wondering why in the hell he sent that text is rather distracting?

Any ideas?

Since I was the one that f***ed up the relationship should I leave my pride behind a little and call him?
+1 y
Thank you guys.

I think there's a little bit of truth in all of your responses. I hope to hell ty-lady is closer to the truth though.

2
1