After breaking up with someone how to know you've made the right choice?

Had a talk last Monday broke up with him Friday ... ever since I have different feelings each day some times Im happy I made the decision other times I'm very sad... I keep questioning whether I made the right decision... any advice?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you don't; you just hope that made the right choice. It's similar to buying or selling things. Maybe you sold your house or car for too low of a price or maybe you bought it for too much. The idea is to focus on the present. He is out of your life; yes, there were some benefits, but somewhere in your mind you decided the cost of the relationship was too much. You should be happy about that.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Write out a list of pros and cons of your relationship. If the cons outweigh the pros, you made the right decision. If you believe the pros outweigh the cons, you might want to rethink it. However, take your time, if you suddenly feel sad and rush back to him you will regret it. Separating yourself and giving time to think is best.

0|0
    0|0
    • He was great but im just not sure if I felt a real connection with him... that's why I broke it off

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You have to think about these things before you break up, not after.

0|0
    0|0
    • I did I thoght a lot about it and after I said my peace I felt relieved but i also feel heartbroken

What Girls Said 2

• It is normal to grieve a relationship, but you know you made the decision because you aren't regretting it, and you can be happy you made the decision. If you didn't make the right choice you wouldn't feel happy about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • How long does it take to grieve a relationship?

• Everyone is different honestly, there is no set time. It is purely up to you, just remember to go out and have fun, and meet other guys. Don't let yourself sulk, just get back out there and try to get back to what you used to do, it should help the process go along faster.

• you known from the heart and that your minds made up too but some can't do it from the heart sometimes it hard too..

0|0
    0|0
    • my point is to say why you broke it off a good reason like when I broke with my hubby yes he's my husband and didn't devorice him because it won't be right because its wrong I just broke up with him because he was abuseive and sexual assaulting me when he pleased and I told him I can't do this anymore because what about the future of our kids and your relationship with me just you fuck it up for yourself and end up dead in the account of your mistreatment, and my kids future to who wants a abusing dad huh? no one so im done being your abusing dummy and I don't you anymore and im done being hurt by you, push me to limits on the urge to kill you and im sure I pushed your urges to kill me and leave me dead 6 feet under and im done with your bullshit!! im tired of being raped by you for the past 10 years and calling it a night so to speak and leaving you on the roadside hurt like me I never wanted abuse and rape I just wanted you to change your ways but its hard no fucking way, so im gone bye

Recommended myTakes