Your ex broke up your marriage by cheating... did you tell your kids the truth, or did you help your ex save face in their eyes?

If you told them... then why, was it for you, or for them? If you saved your ex... why did you do it?
  • I told them because they need to know
  • I did not tell them bc I did not want my kids resenting him/her

25

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you should tell your kids after they have grown and are mature enough to be able to handle something like this

• I always figured I would eventually... but am having second thoughts. I know it is the truth, but what would my kids have to gain from it? They believe that we divorced because we did not love each other anymore. I know its not he truth, but I don't feel it is necessary to make my ex look bad and hurt my kids anymore than they have been.

• I think it's important to not lie to your kids. But you should definitely make sure they are ready to receive this information and present it in the best way possible. Maybe you can find a way to not make your ex look as bad in the situation and break it to your kids softly. However, it is really up to you, and if you don't feel ready to discuss this yet then you can wait as long as you like. But it may upset your kids that you have kept something so serious from them.

• That would be accurate. I guess it was not so much a lie, but a slight deviation from the truth, and no I am not pining for at all... it is much better now. I love my kids and spend as much time as I can with them. We share custody 50/50.