Did I do the right thing by talking to her?

So my ex & I have been apart 3 months now & I'm still not over her. I have realized tho that she was def bad for me & had a lot of problems. I have posted about our break up several times on here if you would like take a look. Anyway it's been really hard for me to get over her because I really did care about her a lot. So tonight my best friend & were hanging out & we walked into this resturant & she & her best friend are there now note last week I ha contacted her about meeting up for lunch or coffee sometime to talk she said she didn't think that would be a good idea. So I see her & her bestfriend there & I think oh shit so we sit on the opposite side of the place from them so Im not tempted. I decided i was going to regret I if I didn't say hi so I walked over to her table on my way to the restroom & aske "hey how are you doing tonight" she said "I'm doing good! You?" I said "I'm doing fantastic! Well I saw y'all sitting over just wanted to come over & say hi. Hope y'all have a nice night" the. Walked away to the restroom & never said anything else to them. I know saying I'm "fantastic" was a little much but that's what I say to a lot of people but was it a bad idea for me to talk to her? I felt like I would have regreted it if I had not tho. What do y'all think?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" that still Marks her own X in your soft spot, Funny7, there is usually motive in her own mind when she clearly defines That------She didn't think that would be a good idea.
    It appears that she has moved on from your Break up and that even getting together to break bread is a bad idea. She knows you have feelings for her and doesn't want the situation to get sticky where even a future friendship could go down the drain with not being a Main drain anymore here, dear.
    I feel by her being friendly when you approached her that she is keeping things lite and semi sweet. And I also 'Feel' by you exclaiming "I'm fantastic," that she sees by you being out and about, that you have moved on yourself, are not sitting around pining away for her and that you are possibly planning to chew the fat with others down the way.
    No, not a 'Bad idea' at all. If you had given her the cold shoulder, she would have thought you not only rude or crude but a bad sport in this whole deal and now that she sees that you both can be civil, perhaps one day you can also end up to be... friends.
    Good luck. xx

What Girls Said 1

• It's best to cut all contact. It's significantly harder to let go if you keep bits of contact.

What Guys Said 1

• God, that would've looked so awkward. Just don't talk to her anymore.