How come guys can find new girlfriend so fast after a break up?

My ex broke up with me after being together for a year on new years eve, he said he has commitment issues and doesn't want a relationship anymore... and it was really tough for me! But 2 months after the break up i've found out he is seeing someone new. Which makes me wonder if he was ever serious with me. Why has he moved on so quickly? I haven't been on one date since our breakup or had anyone seem interested in me. Should i be going on dates aswel?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• most guys have an emotional wall that they hold feelings behind so that we don't linger on them. I'm not one.
    Girls feel the hurt of other's as well as themselves more. You may even blame yourself for not doing something right. I think you loved him more so it feels wrong to go out with someone else so soon. My advice is to stop kicking yourself and get out there.
    Your beautiful and any guy would be lucky to have you. Be confident in that and you'll find what you're looking for. Don't stop looking until you can find someone who can love you for who you are.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He was probably talking to her while you were dating

0|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Some guys find someone new the same day they break up with someone others go years. You don't have to be dating someone just because he is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah i don't want to date someone for the sake of it, but just couldn't understand how he has found someone new after only 2 months since we broke up.

• Might have just been sheer luck. Some people do everything right but don't meet someone for the longest time. Other's run into someone that is a right fit for them right when they started looking. Dating is probably 40% effort 60% luck. At least that's what I've noticed.

• Only the extremely hot, Hollywood actor lookalike guys can get a new girlfriend whenever they wish. For the rest, it's quite a struggle.

It's quite the opposite for girls, because usually several guys waiting for her to break up so that they can' try their luck', and she only need to pick the best among them.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not true. I've seen way too many guys struggle to find a new girlfriend after breaking up because they have been out of the game for so long. Whereas for girls, it's much easier since guys are less picky. Your ex must be either a stud or just got really lucky.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every person is different on how fast they get over a relationship. Some say the best is to move on right away and get back in the saddle. Some say stay single and see what you want. Everybody is different. Yes I am sure he was serious. He just found someone else that caught his eye and he did the right thing and said he can't stay with you otherwise he would cheat. Should you be going on dates is a question you have to answer yourself. Don't look at it as a competition with your ex. Makes you look weak. Do your own thing and try and forget about him. It will make you a much stronger person.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes