Why is my ex acting like a totally different person, post break up?

In the two years I dated my ex he never used instagram, and he rarely went on Facebook. Since we've broken up, he's been on Facebook 24/7 and went from following one person on Instagram, me, to following everyone but me. Why has he gone from thinking all these things are stupid and pointless to spending basically all his time using them? I literally feel like the guy I dated died the day we broke up, and since then he's been totally different. What's with this? Please give actual opnions don't just tell me it doesn't matter or to move on. I'm just super confused/curious.

02