How many people my age ever get married and stay married?

I am taking about people 18-24 and it seem like most couple break up after a few moths or after good 2 year or so. I mean I never been a relationship but I wonder why they end if they lasted so long? I mean is marriage no longer important to both sexes and why can't it work out?

48

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting married that young is an outright horrible idea. The ideal age for a man to get married is probably 35-45 and 25-30 for a woman. In the 35-45 range, a man is at the top of his career and is financially stable, while a woman 25-30 is at her top fertility.

• Umm... Men don't need to wait until they're that old to get married. And that is also quite an age gap too, I don't know any women around that age who would marry a guy that old, unless she was the stereotypical sugar daddy.

• If you wait till 45 to marry, then have three kids within the first five years of marriage, then the last one will likely be born about the time you are 50. That child will be heading for college when you are 68, not an ideal time to be helping a child through college, not to mention that you already had two go through. Waiting till 45 is not a good idea.

I was 27 when I found the girl of my dreams, and she was 21. We were married less than two months later. The marriage lasted 39 plus years, ending with her death cue to cancer. Of we had waited for some arbitrary idea of an ideal age, it woul only mean that much fewer year we would have had together. Bad Bad idea

• damn your so lucky and unlucky at the same time @Red_Arrow