How many people my age ever get married and stay married?

I am taking about people 18-24 and it seem like most couple break up after a few moths or after good 2 year or so. I mean I never been a relationship but I wonder why they end if they lasted so long? I mean is marriage no longer important to both sexes and why can't it work out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting married that young is an outright horrible idea. The ideal age for a man to get married is probably 35-45 and 25-30 for a woman. In the 35-45 range, a man is at the top of his career and is financially stable, while a woman 25-30 is at her top fertility.

0|0
    2|4
    • Umm... Men don't need to wait until they're that old to get married. And that is also quite an age gap too, I don't know any women around that age who would marry a guy that old, unless she was the stereotypical sugar daddy.

• Show All
    • If you wait till 45 to marry, then have three kids within the first five years of marriage, then the last one will likely be born about the time you are 50. That child will be heading for college when you are 68, not an ideal time to be helping a child through college, not to mention that you already had two go through. Waiting till 45 is not a good idea.

I was 27 when I found the girl of my dreams, and she was 21. We were married less than two months later. The marriage lasted 39 plus years, ending with her death cue to cancer. Of we had waited for some arbitrary idea of an ideal age, it woul only mean that much fewer year we would have had together. Bad Bad idea

• damn your so lucky and unlucky at the same time @Red_Arrow

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• People will give up the moment it begins to be hard. However, my mother got married within 6 months of meeting my dad when she was 23 and they're still married to this day. They and I also recognize that they're just incredibly lucky.

0|0
    0|0
  • Marriage lost its meaning when "love" replaced it in the pop culture. Then individualism also contributed, people started doing mariage things before getting married thus the bus crashed. Marriage is nothing but an antique value in Western Culture.

1|0
    0|0
    • People who still hold out for it kinda get left on the shelf...

• Marriages last if couples both make it work it takes two
    now days couples aren't getting married anymore either
    guy or the girl falls out of love it happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • Too many young marriages seem to be about showing off to everyone else your relationship and how awesome a party (read: wedding) you can throw.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can work. My parents got married when they were both 22 years old have been happily for 18 years now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I wonder that myself. I'd like to think I will be married for the rest of my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 23 years old I have been happily married for two and a half years now and still going strong. They can still work.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Of course, they can work. Although they are generally hard to pursue but I have had no problems with it myself. My husband and I have been married for a year now, and will be planning on a child soon. :)

0|1
    0|0
    • Awe congrats... Your a lucky girl!

• It depends. Some people are very mature in their 20's and some have no idea what are they getting in. My mom got married at 20, made me at 21 and two years later she divorced.

0|0
    0|0
  • They say that they spent too much money on their wedding..

0|0
    0|1
  • I've known a few people who married when they were 23 or 24 and they are still married (about 10 years later)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes