Would you apologize for being rude when you break up?

I broke up with a girl over text. I think I was a bit rude.
She asked if we could be friends and I said - "no i have lots of friends, see you later"

Either way I don't want to talk to her.
Should I apologize for rude break up message or no?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe here, dear... you have already said enough...
    Enough said. Why 'Aplogize' when it would not even come from your heart and what you have said, you have meant...
    Good luck. xx

0|1
    0|0
    • Yea no point in apologizing. I dont wanna be friends with her anyway. If I ever talk to her again Im pretty sure time will fix this matter. What would you say if a guy offered to be just friends with you and you wanted more?

• I certainly would not be rude but more diplomatic... xx

Most Helpful Guy

• https://i.imgur.com/TJUzXjM.jpg
    Your response was fucking perfect lmao

In all seriousness though, there's no point in apologizing now. If you do, she might think that you regret breaking up with her (not just being rude while doing so), or she might cuss you off.

Either way you kinda crossed the line when you said what you said, so just keep moving on.

0|1
    0|0
    • haha cheers hommie
      Didn't see a point in being friends if I'm not gonna "get it in" and there was a high risk that I would wanna tap it again
      Very true if I apologize I will look like a tool. I don't regret breaking up, just gotta be less rude next time. What would you say if someone offered to be just friends?

• If a girl I was dating broke up with me or cheated on me, then I would be hella rude to her if she tried being my friend again. If we ended on good terms (or at least not on bad terms), I would be like "Okay sure" and be friends with them.

Although, let's be honest here, the "friendship" would more than likely whether away eventually.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• No purpose in opening up a line of communication with her for any reason.

0|2
    0|0
    • you are very intelligent! I did delete her from all social media I had. Unfortunately I can't delete her from my university lol What if I bump into her should I just say Hi/nod/ignore or small talk with her?

• Ignore her lol

• If you want to stay friends then apologize. you probably hurt her feelings, so if you care then apologize. It might be sending mixed signals to apologize now if you don't want to stay in contact with her. It does sound pretty harsh though

0|0
    0|0
    • Honestly I still care about her but I wanted to move on. I dont want to stay friends. Is there even a point apologizing?

• Show All
    • Being friends with your EX is stupid. I don't wanna know who she is hooking up with and neither I want to make her jealous. Well I told her before that I am not interested but she tried to change my mind saying that Im a "great guy and really nice" so she wants to be at least friends. Are you friends with any of your exes?

• My break ups usually don't end on good terms. As much as I would like to stay friends the three guys I've dated I broke up with and they didn't want to be friends. I wanted to stay friends though. So I don't know if it works out or not

• Well first of all, how is rude is it that you couldn't even give her the common courtesy to break up with her face to face? Everything about this situation was rude. And no I don't you should apologize to her because I don't think you'll mean it. Just leave her alone.

0|0
    0|0
    • I told her before that I'm not interested but she tried to change my mind. I was sick of drama so I decided to cut her off.

• So then just leave it be. No point I'm saying anything else to her.

• Wow... What an asshole. Yeah, apologize and leave her alone.

1|0
    1|0
    • I don't want to stay friends. I just thought that I was a bit rude. Anyway it probably wouldn't matter if i apologize or not since we won't talk anymore

• Show All
    • Hey Chick relax or gtfo of this thread

• I'm completely relaxed, anon.

• lol. no. apologizing will only confuse her. leave it be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't apologise, just leave it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yea im not going to apologize. Thanks dear. Unfortunately we are going to the same university which is quite small so this may be a problem lol

• Nope! Let it go. It's too late! Move on and don't think about it. What are you worried about? It's OVER!

0|0
    0|0
    • I will be definitely seeing her at my university... Now im thinking if I should ignore her/say Hi/just Nod at her or small talk? i regret the way I said it but I don't regret breaking up!

• Show All
    • haha actually it doesn't matter.. cheers for your opinion dear

• Well, if it doesn't matter, then don't make a big deal out of it and get people's opinions. Why would you bring it up if it doesn't matter anyway? Cheers?

• I think yes. If you were rude, you have reason to do it

0|0
    0|0
    • thank you for your opinion

What Guys Said 3

• That's rude man. You definitely need to apologize unless she was a bitch herself.

1|0
    1|0
    • Yea thats rude but in the past she also been a bitch to me

• yeah same way as some bitch down-voting me

• LMFAO daFAQ who apologizes for being rude for a breakup

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know man I've never had a girlfriend... just f**c buddies. I've only 'broke up' once with a girl before.

• Oh I see... we you were uncomfortable telling her to her face so that's why you told her that way. can't be doing that man, gotta balls up next time and tell her face to face. Sorry for laughing, I didn't know that.

• A bit harsh if she wasn't a bitch to you in the first place, imagine how you'd feel if someone dumped your ass and then said that to you. lol

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes