Have you ever had a hard time getting over an ex? What helped you ultimately get over them?

I'm having a hard time getting over my ex, even though we broke up months ago. I don't know if I miss him as a person, but I definitely miss the idea of him. I still haven't talked to him since we broke up. Ugh

Have you ever dealt with difficulty getting over an ex?
How did you eventually get over them?

• Yes, I had difficult getting over an ex
  • No, I never had difficulty getting over an ex
  • Other
    Vote C
  • Answers
    Vote D

77

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was real you would never get over them. The ones you 'get over' were nothing special

What Guys Said 6

• I am in the same boat. Me and my ex broke up almost two months ago and I cannot get her out of my head. I have found myself just laying in bed thinking about her. It is a terrible feeling because she wants nothing to do with me. You might miss him as a person and miss what you guys had especially if you guys hung out all the time. What i'm doing to try to get over her is to hang out with people, do things that she hated like going out, trying to find a new hobby. I was doing so well until i saw her the other day. when i saw her i honestly broke down. so try to stay far away from that person until you know for a fact that you are over that person.

• My experience is that I've never really "gotten over" my first love. She is an amazing women. No one else will make me feel like she did. However, everyone is unique and one day someone else may make me feel differently. But, it will never be the same as the first. And, only time will close that wound.

• When you have that special bond with a loved one it's always hard to get over them if you ever do at all. Especially if the both of you didn't leave in bad terms.

• I just try to remember why that person is an Ex and how cruel she is an Ex

• go get laid

• Lots and Lots of p*rn

What Girls Said 7

• Cry it out & deal with your emotions. End all communication with him. Occupy your time, stay busy, my favorite, hit the gym so you'll stay fine & he can see what he lost :-)

• I'm not over my first love and it's been a month. I still love him. No contact is helping a little. It just makes me not miss him as much although like I said I still love him

• I broke up with my boyfriend for a week. I'm back with him, but I'm still not over how awful it felt to miss him! hahahaha
    He was still very hung up on his ex when he met me. But he met someone better, and that's how he got over her.

• You know most people has had that happen to them. You need to get your thoughts and feelings straight. Its not love so itust be either lust, obsession or rebound which I think is your case.

• I just focused on myself -- started dressing better, eating healthy, got a great job, bought a new car, started working out -- being successful is the best revenge. I also hung out with him a lot and it made me realize that I totally didn't want to be with him anymore. I never saw how self involved he was before. Anyway, he always tries to make me jealous when I see him and they makes me not like him more lol

• Been there. When you focus on yourself and progress as a person and then see the guy again, a lot of the time you instantly realize you don't even want to be with him anymore anyway!

• Yeah, it feels great actually haha @Slcase

• It happened to me. It takes a long time to remove the idea of him from your mind. But there are things you can do to make it easier to forget:

-exercise. Force yourself to.
    - do a new thing like a hobby
    - write a list of the negative things about your relationship.
    - flirt back with other men.

And getting back with an ex can be a bad decision, especially if he does't change.

• He doesn't contact me, he blocks me, he doesn't return my valuables, he says nasty things to me and to other people about me... he was cruel and hurtful