What does this mean?

So my ex texted me wanting to be on cool terms. He wanted a strong friendship with me and told me he didn't want to lose me as a friend. We dated for about 2 years. He called me beautiful, as in what's new with you, beautiful? It's been a month since we broke up. A couple days later I texted him for clarity and we did for a while. I told him something and his reply was I couldn't tell and I didn't understand what he meant by that so I asked and he didn't want to tell me. So I told him why would he want to be friends with me if he can't tell me something as simple as that, I just didn't understand what he meant by that and we didn't really argue but kinda did. Not really. Like I was just questioning him and all that. I told him you can't just be friends with someone you're so in love with and his reply was why are you even in love with me anymore? And I told him I guess guys get over girls a lot quicker than girls get over guys. Look you got over me already within a couple of days probably less and he said who ever said I was over you? and I said no one but your actions prove it. You don't hate me nor do you love me. Like a girlfriend at least. And he said you can't go by my actions.
I don't know what this means, has he not gotten over me yet? I don't understand. I know he's not trying to play me because he's not that type. He's a really great guy and treated me very well and I broke up with him out of hurt, anger I don't know and I regret it because I love him and I know I deserve that. He said he hopes my future boyfriend will treat me better and he hopes someone treats me as good as he did. He thinks he was a sucky boyfriend but when we were together I always told him he was the best boyfriend ever.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a couple spots in your description that are hard to follow, but the main thing I'd say is that <

• What parts?

• "A couple days later I texted him for clarity and we did for a while." Did what for a while?
      "So I told him why would he want to be friends with me if he can't tell me something as simple as that, I just didn't understand what he meant by that and we didn't really argue but kinda did. Not really." You argued but didn't but did, because you didn't understand what his reply to something you said was.
      Now, that's a little unfair of me, because you're trying to figure out what's going on with this guy, and I'm being picky about grammar. To make things easier to follow, I'd suggest describing the general situation without quoting specific texts, or if there is a certain message that confuses you and you want comments on, type it out as:
      me: "What do you mean by that?"
      him:"I don't want to tell you."
      me:"It may be hard for me to be friends if I' uncertain about what you mean. Can you tell me why you don't want to answer"

Most Helpful Girl

• I thinj he's not over you but he's also not looking to get together