Working out after break up?

Okay why is it that men AND women feel the need to get in the gym and "get in shape" to show their ex what they missed when in reality if they were working out the entire time of the relationship they wouldn't have gotten dumped?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's human nature. When people become comfortable in a relationship, they aren't as motivated to keep in shape. Essentially, they become lazy. When they are single again, they have to get back into the game and part of that is to impress the opposite sex. Thus, they have to work out again. I do agree with you if they just maintained themselves, that would have alleviated some of the issues.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• The person weight was probably not the issue

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it's so much wanting their ex to see what they're missing out on. I think it's more a distraction than anything. That and the fact that physical activity releases endorphins, which make you happier and more energized.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe because they need something to occupy their minds from their ex's? The best way to forget about break ups are occupying your mind, at least that's what I think. :/

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaking up can be a stressful time in someone's life. Working out helps you sleep better, slows the aging process, builds and maintains muscles, bones and joints, strengthens and boosts immune system, improves mental acuity, improves confidence, increases energy and endurance, improves sexual libido and performance, reduces stress, depression and anxiety, reduces the risk of many diseases.

If its a healthy reaction why question it? A better question would be, why don't more people work out; or even why do people smoke cigarettes.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes