He's going and might not coming back, should I say something?

We are working in the same place since 2012. He doesn't have much friends so he always confide to me, plus it's hard for a guy to heart2heart with his guy friends.
We chat in phone everyday, i'm loud nonsense yakking, he's boring quiet but we dont mind. Obviously there's a mutual attraction, a few times he mustered up and say he loves me but always brushed off by me changing topics with jokes. He never press for it everytime.
Our working environment is getting more tense, a few times he went back to his country just to unwind, he doesn't need to come back but i believe he came back because of me, besides seeing this a stepping stone for him to establish himself.

This time its clearly far worst, i can't even stand the working politics myself, as i m getting distant with him and work too. I agree he should go away back home furthermore his visa permit is expiring.

But he told me he might not be coming back. I love him, i just never say it but i do care for him. I know he's hurt with the place and without any affirmation from me. I don't wanna lose him but don't want him to come back bear with the people just because of me. And who am i to ask him to stay? What should i do? I only have few weeks left.

10