Ex texted me the day he broke up with gf?

Literally the day he broke up with her, he texted me. I dont know why they broke up, but it just seems strange. We've been broken up for a couple years.

Why did he text me?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Rejection. He's only trying to fill a void. He doesn't know what it feels like to be alone. I wouldn't give him what he wants unless it's genuine and you draw boundaries. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up here, dear, and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Suddenly comes out of nowhere after 'A couple of years,' he may be Missing the Kissing that he once shared with you, by trying to Mark his own X in your soft spot when He-----Broke up with her.
    He may have been thinking about you way before they split up, who knows. And with contacting you right after the farewell fact, is telling me that you have been on his mind and he couldn't wait to 'Texted me.'
    Don't wear your heart on your sleeve right now. His break up with her is a fresh one. They may be apart today, however, one never knows if they might not kiss and make up tomorrow and you don't want to end up to be the monkey in the middle.
    For now, be friendly, be civil and go slow with this flow. It's your call, your choice how you want to handle him at this point in time.
    If you have moved on and have your life where you want it right now, no use in Fixing what isn't broken.
    Good luck. xx